Data Centre Country Manager
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Salary: £Competitive base + excellent bonus + benefits
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting an experienced Data Centre Country Manager who will be responsible for managing all datacentre operations within Indonesia, providing consistent leadership, management of H&S as well as all engineering and operations activities in country.
The DC Country Manager will be responsible for managing all data centre functions and services in country and on-site. This includes the management, supervision and delivery of health, safety & security, engineering, facilities management, and customer services teams. The Data Centre Country Manager provides leadership and ensures that the Company's policies, standards, processes and procedures, and regulatory and legislative requirements are being met and implemented.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, manage and develop site personnel to embrace the Company's core values.
- Implement appropriate training and administer training programmes for all DC personnel.
- Set operational targets aligned with Group objectives and manage/monitor team performance and improve where required.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment & Wellbeing (HSEW) on the site.
- Ensure site risks are identified, documented, and managed appropriately to ensure all site users' safety and well-being is maintained per PDCG Policies and relevant national legislation.
- Ensure that all operational standards and compliance requirements are implemented.
- Ensure all existing and any new operational processes and procedures are suitable and bespoke to the site and developed and implemented as required.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, standards, processes and procedures and act as a champion in embedding them into day-to-day activities.
- Identify operational deficiencies and recommend improvements to be implemented on-site.
- Challenge any legacy processes and procedures in the constant pursuit of operational excellence.
- Oversee all site systems and critical facilities equipment, including:
- Security, fire and safety of life
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems.
- Oversee preventative and operational maintenance to maintain a secure and state-of-the-art environment.
- Oversee scheduling of planned preventive maintenance (PPM), contracted care, and general maintenance to ensure minimum disruption to service delivery.
- Involvement in all local project delivery stages from feasibility/technical design through to implementation and support.
Performance & Reporting
- Drive and monitor production in the DC environment to provide uninterrupted service to customers.
- Develop and drive DC metrics to improve processes, efficiency, and productivity.
- Monitor metrics, deliverables and outputs and prioritise multiple business-critical issues.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer and embed a culture of "Service Excellence" across individual teams.
- Provide customer support and communication as required.
- Coordinate and manage customer communication around planned and unplanned maintenance, including responding to customer needs and coordinating with maintenance team(s) to resolve problems.
- Chair customer service meetings.
- Work with Group Finance in the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditure.
- Submit all required financial reports to Group Finance as specified.
- Manage to budget.
Lease Administration and Property Management
The Suitable Candidate
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar DC management role - Desirable.
- A formally qualified engineer - Desirable.
- Previous HSEW management experience - Desirable
- Extensive experience working in Indonesia - Essential
- Experience implementing projects in a managed services environment and an awareness of the business and technical issues associated with a controlled service environment.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Have a friendly and approachable attitude to work.
- Excellent team player.
- A logical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems promptly.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets.
- Ability to meet and exceed targets and customers' expectations.
If you are suitable for this opportunity and would like to learn more about it, please get in touch with Helene Torjuul at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +0044 20 3757 5000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates