Business Development & Investment Manager - Europe
Location: Vienna, Austria
Salary: up to €85,000 per annum plus package
Capstone are working on behalf of a leading international lodging owner-operators, who are looking to recruit a Business Development & Investment Manager, based in Vienna. Their portfolio spans more than 190 cities across over 30 countries in Asia Pacific, Central Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the USA.
The postholder will be responsible for spearheading the growth of their European lodging portfolio in Central and Eastern Europe (or other such markets). This is a broad ranging role supporting the lodging portfolio which includes but not limited to serviced residences, aparthotels or hotels, senior living, student accommodation and rental housing.
- Source, evaluate, and execute investment proposals, M&A, management agreements, leases and franchise deals in Europe. You will drive and lead negotiation for best pricing and terms and bring the deal(s) to fruition.
- Develop and implement proposals to establish new operating platforms outside of the existing lodging businesses, including hotels and senior living including joint venture opportunities and/ or such other strategic alliances as directed by the company from time to time.
- Develop and maintain financial and asset models for analyzing
- financial returns and performance for investments and management services deals.
- Conduct market reviews and feasibility studies for recommendation reports and presentation to Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with relevant internal and external parties on matters relating to new M&A or management services deals or existing on going projects.
- Prepare management reporting and other related ad-hoe requests such as budget presentations, retreats and board meetings
- Any other tasks as required by supervisor
Qualifications & Education
- Real Estate, Business, or Finance discipline as first degree from a reputable university
- A Master's degree in Business Administration or CFA qualification is advantageous
- At least 3-5 years' experience with a proven track record in a similar position
- Demonstrated knowledge of Management Agreements, Leases and Franchise Agreements
- A demonstrated knowledge of the regional hotel market in Central and Eastern Europe and their practices is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate strong strategic awareness with the ability to successfully and skilfully motivate and persuade at all levels across functions for results
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with additional European languages preferred (German, Polish, or Russian)
- Strong business acumen, effective communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to a range of audiences
- Ability to influence and persuade at senior management level, through effective stakeholder engagement
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Advanced Office 365 suite knowledge and skills
If you fit the above criteria and are interested in the opportunity, then please contact Sam Lee via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates