We’re working with a Global Leader in Design and Engineering aiming to add value to projects by creating iconic and elegantly functional structures and transport infrastructure that benefit the communities they connect.
With operations around the world, they lead the way with flexible work and provide advanced systems so you can take advantage of that.
Working on some of the super exciting infrastructure projects around Australia, they now need a Utilities Design Engineer in the Sydney locale.
You will be required to manage the overall design phase to ensure that the requirements of system engineering, systems, safety, competency and quality assurance have been achieved
- Manage the overall Design tasks
- Undertake Interface management and client engagement
- Provide technical assessment and guidance to the Design team.
- Concept Design, Detailed Design, Drafting proposals demonstrating an understanding of project needs, preliminary papers, plus managing the production of drawings and reports and preparing co-ordinating utility specifications and taking responsibility for technical content and overall quality to agreed standard
- Understand and adhere to local standards and specifications, ideally RMS
- Co-ordinate and support multi-disciplinary design concepts including water, gas, telecommunication and power.
- Provide technical assessment and advisory
- Provide technical and financial input to tender and bids
- Ensure the Design documentation is submitted in time and achieve the expected quality
- Ensure that the requirements of system engineering, systems, safety, competency and quality assurance have been achieved
- Review major design changes and review prior to release in line with the design risk assessment
- Providing advice to clients on compliance and quality assurances standards.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Effective communication and liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify risks and opportunities for the design and planning of utilities (water, telecommunication, gas and power) protection and relocation
- Knowledge of Design procedures
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in the field of delivering utility packages of major transport infrastructure projects across a range of medium to large scale projects.
- Comfortable excelling as the interface between the engineering design consultancy and utility authorities
- Highly desired: Specific experience working on Transport for New South Wales TfNSW projects and knowledge of TfNSW standards and expectations, particularly RMS
- Experience on leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects
Salary package is a healthy base, with a very exciting bonus structure, which can be up to 25% of your salary.