POSITION: TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER (DIRECTOR)
LOCATION: CENTRAL LONDON
SALARY: £80,000 TO £90,000 PLUS BONUS & BENEFITS
A privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm, with a presence within most major cities across 30 countries and over £100 billion of assets under management, are recruiting exclusively through Capstone to identify a Technical Operations Manager to be based in Central London. This is a strategic hire to provide technical operations guidance, support and oversight to the UK Investment, Development and Asset Management teams and third-party Property Management teams.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Asset Management UK, the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies and promote methods to mitigate risks and optimize technical management strategies across a UK portfolio.
- Understand, support and advocate implementation of global sustainability initiatives and objectives.
- Train, support and QC local on-site Operations Teams, with specific focus on technical operations, crisis management, equipment optimization, energy efficiency and tenant satisfaction.
- Identify energy improvement initiatives and cost plan to achieve. Develop strategy for equitable contribution and payback for presentation to all stakeholders for approval.
- Assist local teams with Technical Due Diligence (TDD) on new acquisitions.
- Evaluate and present opportunities for FM operational efficiencies.
- Assist local development teams in MEP design reviews, testing and commissioning of new systems, snag lists and handover.
- Provide on-site training, support and quality control as needed to ensure SLR implementation and compliance.
- Develop and implement a review and inspection program for all assigned assets.
- Coordinate with Asset managers and on-site management teams to develop and implement plans to resolve asset risk assessment findings and recommendations.
- Maintain all information and project experience of Technical operations lessons learned. Ensure information is maintained in accordance with regional data management policies. Promote use of the lessons learned by development and asset management teams when appropriate.
- Ideally 10 years industry experience acting in a preventive and reactive maintenance role and roughly 5 years in a technical operations or facility management leadership position.
- Practical understanding and training of the commercial application of HVAC engineering and operations, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems design.
- Formal technical engineering degree is desirable but not required.
- The willingness and flexibility to travel frequently is essential, travel may include any combination of airplane, train or rental car.
- Ambitious and motivated with the ability to lead collaborative efforts focused on the leadership and vision necessary to adjust to the growth of the UK portfolio across all product types
- Technical and operation problem solving skills, inclusive of performing mathematical computations related to building operations, planning and execution at quality levels appropriate for the assets.
- Skilled in communicating and providing concise and effective technical advice using language and examples readily understood by non-technical individuals.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office programs.
- Experience in using and evaluating the implementation and optimisation of Building Management Systems (BMS), Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Computer Aided Facility Management Systems (CAFM) and statutory compliance software.
If you are interested in working within a global yet specialist Real Estate Investment, Development & Management firm, this could be an excellent time to join a high calibre team actively acquiring properties across the UK.
How to apply;
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Peter Dawson by email or email@example.com or call +44 (0) 203 757 5000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates