TECHNICAL BUILDING CONSULTANT / DEVELOPMENT MONTITORING BUILDING SURVEYOR
NICHE INSURANCE COMPANY WORKING WITHIN A PRIVATE EQUITY GROUP
£65,000 - £80,000 + DISCRETIONARY BONUS (UPTO 15%) + HEALTHCARE + PENSION (10% NON-CONTRIBUTARY)
LONDON (FULL TIME AGILE WORKING AVAILABLE, THUS CAN BE ANYWHERE WITHIN UK)
Capstone are pleased to be working on an exclusive search on behalf of the Property Claims Department of a Niche Insurance Company, who specialise in Legacy and Reinsurance. This position is for a Development Management and Technical Building Surveyor to support the Head of Property Claims. The job holder will be tasked with the assessment and management of warranty risk on complex remedial schemes on high value residential and commercial new build properties. This is a new, specialist role and will play a hugely important part in the company's reinsurance property claims process.
Having been set up in 2007 in Bermuda, my client has enjoyed incredible success within this niche sector. They now run subsidiary businesses in the UK, America, Singapore, and Switzerland. With in excess of $5.7 billion worth of assets insured, they now need to bring in a Construction professional in-house to oversee further large and complex developments.
- Act as Development Monitor; overseeing property developments from empty plots of land to fully operational buildings evaluating development plans, taking into consideration a range of legal, social, financial and environmental factors.
- Analytically review monthly and quarterly management information and claims reports, looking for trends, developments, and patterns. Subsequently create and develop strategies and
- Assist in the development of claims (all varieties including large losses and systemic) strategies and prepare
- Advise on the technical risk management of complex, high risk and high value remedial
- Provide expert knowledge, professional and technical advice on industry technical construction standards, codes, and other relevant areas in order to guide them towards compliant, economical solutions that present an acceptable technical risk to both
- Undertake investigations, report on findings, prepare solutions for remedial work schemes, draft tender information, assess costs and undertake site
- Assist with training, coaching, and mentoring of others as
- Must be an MRICS - qualified Building Surveyor, and ideally have experience working within Development Monitoring on new building residential and commercial schemes.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Building Regulations, inspection, construction and building technology.
- You will also have an understanding of building pathology and why and how buildings fail and result in claims and associated remediation.
- Must be able to t ravel to sites as required with a full UK driving
Please make your enquiries in the strictest of confidence to Celia Harker by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates