Job Title: Senior Risk Specialist
Location: Solihull with WFH Flexibilty & regular travel
Salary: £50,000- £65,000 basic + profit share+ 15% pension + 25 days holiday
As a Senior Risk consultant, you will report to the Project Risk Management Team Leader and will carry out the following activities:
Provide Project Risk Management (PRM) advice to internal and external clients in a variety of market sectors at different lifecycle stages, including:
- Facilitating risk workshops and applying other risk identification techniques;
- Assessing risk (e.g. CAPEX, OPEX, schedule, revenue and reputation) qualitatively and semi-quantitatively;
- Quantifying CAPEX & schedule risk exposure using Monte Carlo simulation;
- Reporting and advising on risk exposure and risk response plans.
You will also manage PRM commissions with minimal supervision from the PRM Team Leader and develop working relationships with client Account Managers and Business Leaders.
The Senior Risk Consultant will:
- Identify and help realise marketing and sales opportunities, especially with existing clients.
- Mentor junior Risk Consultants.
- Continually review how we could improve our service offering by
- reviewing how PRM is practised by others,
- monitoring PRM developments in the marketplace,
- acting on lessons, we learn when delivering our PRM service.
- Work closely with internal project teams (especially Project Managers, Technical Discipline Leaders, Planners and Quantity Surveyors) to recommend and provide PRM support.
Requirements and skills
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant subject.
- Proven risk management experience (preferably in transport infrastructure or energy market sectors).
- Monte Carlo simulation (of cost and schedule).
- Risk analysis software programs (esp. @RISK, PRA & / or Safran).
- Chairing risk workshops.
- ERM software platforms (e.g. ARM, Xactium or Safran).
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning / organisational skills.
- Evidence of professional mentoring and / or coaching.
- Ability to interact with senior grades within, as well as within client and partner organisations.
- Commercially aware.
- Awareness of recently introduced/ developing risk management practice.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) experience.
- Using Power Bi to help visualise risk-related data / information.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make it a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
You'll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You'll have access to a range of flexible working options - whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join to shape a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
Please contact Alexandra on 02037575000 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates