SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR | CLIENT SIDE
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
I have been exclusively instructed by one of Britain's largest landlords who specialise in unique spaces. They manage and provide services to over 5,000 of their assets across their portfolio in the UK. The services department is responsible for delivery of construction services, the commercial management team are responsible for the effective procurement and cost management of contract works nationally. You will be responsible for the provision of budget advice, review and analysis of contractor pricing, valuations, and agreement of final accounts.
- Preparation of estimates and cost planning.
- Budget and procurement advice to maximise commercial performance and minimise risk.
- Project cost management, including a high proportion of Measured Term Contract procurement (bespoke schedules of rates).
- Financial analysis of contractor pre/post measures.
- Preparation of tender documents, managing tender process, negotiation and reporting.
- Collating and applying benchmark data.
- Interim valuation, negotiation and agreement of final accounts.
- Site inspection where necessary to support accurate budget costing and post measure.
- Understanding our national supply chain and policing specifications to ensure adoption of preferred components / solutions to maximise best value investment in our estate release best overall value.
- Ensuring accurate data is provided for systems, financial management and reporting.
- Experience and sound understanding of Measured term Contracting, using schedules of rates
- Experience and understanding of other forms of procurement, ideally the JCT standard forms and incorporation of bespoke contract amendments, warranties, bonds etc.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Good knowledge of benchmarking cost to support best value design and procurement.
- An ability to quickly understand and consistently apply standard procedures associated with project delivery.
- Educated to Degree Level.
- Car Driver with full UK clean driving licence.
- QS Professional qualification (MRICS), similar, or close to achieving.
- 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Understanding of Railway safety regime
If you are interested, please call Annabel Drew on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates