City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum
over 1 year ago
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Up to £70,000 per annum + package
Capstone are working with a real estate business who provide co-working, serviced apartments, and omnichannel shopping experiences that seamlessly connect people, property and businesses with tens of millions of visitors to Camden and the West End each year. Our 20 acres of Central London real estate is a flexible human hub where people live, work, shop and connect in new and exciting ways. Vibrant retail destinations, beautiful offices and contemporary accommodation - all connected by their state-of-the-art technology, IoT and infrastructure to help people interact and businesses grow.
About the Role:
The Commercial Manager will focus on both our people and our process across various projects.
Within this position, you will harness and help to grow the London based Commercial Management team.
The ideal candidate will be a Cost Management professional with expansive construction experience. You will help manage cost activities, both pre- and post-construction, for a rapidly growing portfolio.
This person will help the existing team manage all of the project pipeline for the region. In addition, this person will be responsible for the full cycle of Cost Management activities on live Developments in/around London.
The Commercial Manager needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of the marketplace, economics, cost drivers, trades, MEP systems, material and labor pricing, procurement methods and possess the skills to work within a dynamic and growing business function in a fast-paced environment.
Experience gained from a Contractor/Main Contractor background would be an advantage but not
The Commercial Manager will report into the Commercial Director for our London based Development & Construction organization.
- Be a main point of contact and escalation for cost management team members.
- Provide financial governance for preconstruction and construction activities for projects within the region.
- Manage the Capex Budget for Projects within the region with colleagues in Project and
- Construction Management disciplines reporting into the Commercial Director for all spend approvals.
- Assume responsibility for the bidding, procurement and execution of the construction projects within the region for a number of Projects.
- Ensure the Project teams are following approved budgeting practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Provide reports and financial oversight to Directors.
- Assist other individuals within the organization to grow and develop the regional business by providing the requisite cost advice and consultation for potential transactions and opportunities.
- Identifies cost trends, market economics and regional specific cost drivers to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Contribute to the development of a reliable network of contractors and suppliers. Develop and maintain effective working relationships so the needs of the company can be met.
- Provide the necessary oversight and review for work product, costs, estimates and reports generated from within the regional team.
- Ensure the regional team are providing accurate real-time cost forecasting on all projects under management.
- Analyze regional project data to provide clarity and analysis on budgeted costs versus awarded costs versus final cost and assist in the re-use of this data to better inform the budgeting process.
- Negotiate, agree and settle final accounts and close out statements as necessary and with prior approval of the Commercial Director and Head of Development.
- University degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent and/or relevant work experience in a cost, cost management related field
- 5 years of general Cost Management experience in interiors or base building projects
- 5 years of experience with commercial interior fit-outs, on very tight time frames with high-end finishes
- Well-developed budgeting, communications, construction knowledge, financial analysis, purchasing, negotiation and computer skills are required
- Experience in conceptual, schematic, pre-construction phases of projects
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver that takes accountability
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects teams and responsibilities simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment requiring critical decision making and ownership
If you are interested in the position below, please get in touch with Alex on 02037575000 or email me your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates