Senior Operations Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Working in partnership with the most prestigious client-side organisation, we are looking to recruit a Senior Operations Engineer. Joining an established in-house team, the new Senior Operations Engineer will be responsible for leading a team of Operations Engineers, M&E Supervisors and the in-house team, being responsible for the operational activities, including planned maintenance, specialist term contracts, statutory compliance, reactive maintenance and preparations for functions. To have responsibility for service delivery, project and programme management and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Day to day duties:
- Manage the Operations Engineering Team to provide clear and effective line management and support in full compliance with standards and policies. To ensure that individuals are undertaking their duties effectively, that they reach performance standards and that development needs are addressed and identified
- Working in close liaison with the M&E Supervisor, to oversee works and drive performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works completed on time, within budget and to required specification and quality standard
- To be responsible for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the building services in specified areas of the Estate as well as the provision, operation and supervision of day-to-day M&E maintenance work and projects from the annual works programme. This includes, but is not limited to, new work, services, public health engineering services, safety and fire precaution related works and refurbishment projects.
- Educated to Master's level in Engineering or equivalent. Experience of working within historic / listed buildings and on occupied multi-site estates essential
- Ability to manage contracts and contractors within a value for money environment
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge and extensive experience of good project management skills. Capable of managing a varied portfolio of work, adapting to changing circumstances and prioritising work/resources.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven experience of budget management, cost control and contract management, gained within a value for money environment
If you are interested in the role, and fit the above criteria, please get in touch with Sam Lee on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates