Position: Senior Development Manager
Salary: £70,000 to £90,000 plus an excellent bonus
As the Development Manager for leading developer and operator, you will be responsible for developing managed residential living projects, with a core focus on sustainability and design excellence. This company targets purpose-built student housing and build to rent sectors in the UK and Iberia and had a strong track record of projects totaling £750m GDV. As a result of their significant expansion plans, there is an opening for a Senior Development Manager to join this dynamic and growing team of real estate professionals.
Reporting to the UK Development Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the pre-construction and construction stages of our 2 sites in London for Build-to-Rent (BTR) and micro living development. The applicant will have demonstratable experience in residential or hospitality real estate projects such as BTR, PBSA or hotels ideally within London. The applicant will need to be hands on, flexible and focused on delivering work packages in a timely manner to support the business growth aspirations.
- Day-to-day project management of the construction phase of our Build to Rent project in London.
- Managing third party interfaces and working with the Contractor and Design Team to ensure the programme is maintained and the contingency protected.
- Day-to-day project management of the post planning and construction phases of micro living project in southwest London. This includes co-ordinating the design from stage 3b onwards, managing third party interfaces, supporting the procurement of the Main Contractor and build contract and project management of the delivery phase through to completion.
- Procurement of Main Contractors (JCT Design and Build), Surveys and Third Party Agreements within allocated budgets and programmes of work.
- Contributing to the development of the BTR and micro living product as the sectors develop and evolve. The product development includes apartment and communal layouts, interiors and specifications, sustainability, technology and operational performance.
- Supporting the pre-construction and construction phases of our pipeline projects to ensure that the design is outstanding and has embedded within it both construction and operational efficiencies that will ensure its viability.
- Supporting the Development Director in ensuring the ESG and Sustainability strategy is implemented across the portfolio of assets both in the design, construction and operational phases of the assets life.
- Identifying project risks and producing action plans to mitigate the project risks.
Knowledge, experience, and skills
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification in relevant construction related subject
- Experience in the delivery of development projects in London with demonstrated experience in residential or hospitality real estate projects such as BTR, PBSA or hotels
- Strong thinker able to deliver clear, well-articulated, reports and analysis
- A proactive forward thinker with excellent planning, negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Upwardly manage partners and stakeholders, motivate and manage external project teams and delegate effectively
- Able to project manage a number of projects and workstreams simultaneously
- An excellent teamworker who is also able to work independently
- Be diligent and thorough in all aspects of the work
- Determined, ambitious and hungry to succeed
- Good, open, honest, direct and clear communicator
To apply for this role please contact Alice Murch on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates