We’re working with a Global Leader in Design and Engineering aiming to add value to projects by creating iconic and elegantly functional structures and transport infrastructure that benefit the communities they connect.
With operations around the world, they lead they way with flexible work and provide advanced systems so you can take advantage of that.
Working on some of the super exciting infrastructure projects around Australia, they now need a Rail Design Manager in the Sydney location.
You will be required to manage the overall design phase to ensure that the requirements of system engineering, systems, safety, competency and quality assurance have been achieved
- Manage the overall Design tasks
- Provide technical assessment and guidance to the Design team.
- Managing the production of drawings and reports and preparing co-ordinating bridges and other civil structure specifications and taking responsibility for technical content and overall quality to agreed standard.
- Provide Technical assessment and advisory
- Ensure the Design documentation is submitted in time and achieve the expected quality
- Ensure that the requirements of system engineering, systems, safety, competency and quality assurance have been achieved
- Review major design changes and review prior to release in line with the design risk assessment
- Providing advice to clients on compliance and quality assurances standards.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Proven Knowledge of Railway technology, potentially with knowledge in DC power supply, tramway signalling and communication systems.
- Knowledge of Design procedures
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in the field of rail design and experience across a range of medium to large scale projects.
- Highly desired: Specific experience working on Transport for New South Wales TfNSW projects and knowledge of TfNSW standards and expectations.
- Experience on leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects
Salary package is a healthy base, with a very exciting bonus structure, which can be up to 25% of your salary.