About the company
Capstone are recruiting on behalf of a multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy, for a Senior Cost Manager to join their team in Las Vegas.
This employee-owned business has over 5,000 employees globally, operating across project & programme management, building surveying, cost management & quantity surveying. The company is run with a family ethos embedded within the culture; flexibility and work-life balance are important values maintained.
About the role
Our employer is currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-calibre individual to join and strengthen the office.
The Senior Cost Manager is responsible for oversight of cost estimation and adhering to the company's quality standards and the client's satisfaction. Employees in this position will interface with clients, consultants and designers to achieve the project's goals and ensure that all project activities are consistent with Company policy.
- Review construction plans and specifications during preconstruction to complete quantity take-offs and prepare estimates for all architectural, structural and civil scopes from schematic through final design for new construction and renovation projects.
- Prepare value engineering, cost option and cost strategy estimates.
- Prepare independent post contract estimates, including reporting differences in scope, quantities and pricing from contractor's estimate.
- Work as integral part of the Estimating Team to perform plan and specification analysis, take off and pricing of various types of construction projects
- Compiles and analyzes data on all factors that influence costs, such as material, labor, equipment, and profit margins
- Evaluates cost estimating deliverables prepared by architects and engineers, for cost containment
- Acquires and evaluates historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations
- Participate in design charrettes and design workshops, including presenting estimates to the client and AE team
- Participate in Value Engineering studies, reconciliations and negotiations with contractors
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Cost Estimating or equivalent recognized technical qualification.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates