Senior Cost Manager, Heritage sector
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 p.a. + excellent benefits
This incredible opportunity has arisen with one of the most prestigious clients in the UK, based in an iconic heritage building in central London. The client offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing in house PMO working on a reservicing programme.
- Prepare and manage the budgets for each package advising the client of any variations to agreed sums.
- Preparation of monthly forecasting.
- Co-ordinate costs across multiple packages of works ensuring that packages meet the cost plan.
- Lead the procurement of packages, providing contractual advice, producing tender documentation and aligning commercial process with client's procurement rules.
- Prepare monthly valuations of works and agreeing payment certificates with contractors.
- Provide the project accountant with monthly statements on actual expenditure providing commentary on performance in month.
- Assessing contractor variations negotiating additional costs and prepare reports to send to the project accountant.
- Prepare value engineering options as required.
- Co-ordinate and deliver appropriate advice and training to relevant staff members.
- Advise on the cost impact of programme changes.
- Contributing to the development of cost benefit analysis to support decision making by the client.
- Input into the pre-qualification of trade contractors, undertake interviews and assessments of their suitability and financial strength.
- Identify opportunities to create greater economies of scale by combining packages.
- Provide input to the Aconex Cost Management Tool.
- Engage in market testing of packages and advise on contractor appetite.
- Provide input to risk management processes.
- Prepare all contract documentation for package contractors.
- Establish key relationships with project partners, trade contractors and other key stakeholders, and set up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues that may arise.
- Attend regular site progress meetings, ensuring the Package Manager is updated on all issues.
- Manage and develop the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported.
- Monitor and report on overall progress and performance of the trades contractors.
- Input into design development, including comment upon the impact of design changes in terms of cost.
- Report on cost performance.
- Keep up to date with changes in market trends (e.g. inflation) and bring to the attention of senior management as appropriate.
- Set a positive personal example with regards to all cost and construction related matters.
The Suitable Candidate:
- MRICS qualified, with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience with demonstrable experience in Construction Management
- Relevant degree in quantity surveying or construction related discipline preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a 'can do' approach to teamwork is essential.
- Good people management and contractor relationship management skills.
- Genuinely passionate and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of customer service and continuous improvement.
- The ability to anticipate potential problems and issues or opportunities before they arise and formulate a plan to address those issues.
- A flexible approach - the role is at times very varied and the job holder must be willing to step in and assist with the sometimes unusual tasks that are required.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Substantial experience and track record of the commercial management of trade contractors and other stakeholders under Construction Management contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of key construction processes and management; strong site management skills.
- Experience and understanding of Aconex is preferred.
- Experience of working in historic/listed buildings and working in a secure and live operating environment would be a definite advantage.
- Experience of working in public sector environments and use of procurement procedures.
- Adept at managing complex stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure.
How to apply:
For a confidential conversation please contact Emily Robertson on 020 3757 5000 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates