£60000 - £70000 per annum + excellent benefits
11 months ago
Senior Cost Manager, Heritage sector
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 p.a. + excellent benefits
This incredible opportunity has arisen with one of the most prestigious clients in the UK, based in an iconic heritage building in central London. The client offers an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Manager to join a growing in-house PMO. The Reservicing Programme presents a unique opportunity for innovation and investment in one of the world's most significant historic buildings, by replacing its aging core services and preserving it for future generations.
The Role: Senior Cost Manager
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are to provide leadership in all aspects of the cost management process throughout each project phase. The senior cost manager will ensure that each package has an appropriate budget, that the contracts are in place with each package contractor and adequate protection to the client is provided. They will also sign off monthly valuations and variations ensuring the contractor's proposals consistently provide value for money. The post holder will oversee the preparation of final accounts and approve them prior to agreeing these with the client.
The Suitable Candidate:
- MRICS qualified, with solid post-qualification
- Experience in Construction Management form of contract is essential
- Relevant degree in quantity surveying or construction related discipline preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Experience and understanding of Aconex is preferred.
- Substantial experience and track record of the commercial management of trade contractors and other stakeholders under Construction Management contracts.
- Experience of working in historic/listed buildings and working in a secure and live operating environment would be a definite advantage with previous exposure to public sector environments and use of procurement procedures.
If you know of someone suitable, please reach out to Emily Robertson on 020 3757 5000 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other cost management roles will follow, therefore if individuals of a different level have experience in historic buildings and construction management then we would be keen to speak with them.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates