OPPORTUNITY: SECURITY ICT SYSTEMS MANAGER
SALARY: UP TO £80,000 PER ANNUM + PACKAGE
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting for a Security IT Systems Manager, responsible for taking the lead on security technology design, project implementation and operational management of integrated security applications, in addition to providing technical advice, system management and facilitating technical support to ICT users, and to taking the lead on security technology, design, implementation and management of integrated platforms.
The incumbent shall provide encouragement and mentoring to users to ensure that they are utilising company provided security technology, ICT systems, equipment and services to best effect. He/she shall negotiate contracts, review service provision and liaise with 3rd party providers to ensure that ICT services are delivered cost effectively and efficiently, ensuring ICT systems are maintained, updated and protected to current and emerging threats.
It should be noted that the Company anticipates operating a Working from Home (WFH) policy for the forthcoming 12 months.
Reports to Chief Vigilance Officer.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security applications and technology for new and existing sites.
- Lead and support projects with regards to configuration of integrated security platforms, inclusive of access control, surveillance, related infrastructure and networks.
- Lead on security and ICT systems planned preventative maintenance, software/firmware upgrades, break-fix and where appropriate, physical installations to resolve issues or replace defective equipment.
- Engage with Project Team as the Security Technical Lead ensure all technical resources are aligned with project requirements and timescales
- Manage ICT systems, networks and services
- Develop Security Technology and ICT project plans and track progress of tasks against cost estimates
- Support Business Development with technical guidance and product approval during the tender and bid process
- Undertake and lead client technical workshops in order to define customer requirements
- Manage the Centralised Security Control Facility Systems
- Manage the security technology and IT budget
- Monitor metrics, deliverables and outputs and prioritise multiple business critical issues
- Develop and maintain a security technology training programme, for all platform users and liaise with third party suppliers to enhance knowledge and resilience.
- Provide technical support to any Company site and provide advice to security technology system or ICT users
- Manage 3rd party IT service suppliers/managed service providers to ensure value for money
- Involvement in all stages of the project delivery cycle from feasibility/technical design through implementation to support.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in delivering significantly sized integrated security technology platforms from design through to operational use on previous projects and sites
- Experience in managing and maintaining integrated security platforms and installation of security hardware
- Proven track record of developing and managing ICT networks/systems
- 3rd party supplier management
- Security Technology knowledge to include:
- Implementation of a structured cabling system and all testing parameters
- Implementation of a IP security solution including all subsystems, including and but not limited to, CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Intercom, Panic Alarm, Server Storage, LAN network; Wireless network and LED lighting solutions including all testing; commissioning requirements.
- Good working and practical knowledge of the following sub subsystems
- IP CCTV - Typical Axis Branded
- IP ACS - CEM Access control system
- Milestone CCTV Recording & Monitoring
- LAN Networks
- CCTV Storage solutions
- Galaxy 500 Intruder Alarm Systems
- IP Intercom Systems
- Large Format display systems
- Axis Radar Detection
- Video Analytics
- ICT Technical knowledge around:
- Wi-Fi (setup and configuration)
- Cloud architecture
- Windows Server/Exchange/Active Directory
- IP Telephony and voice (POTS) communications
- Basic 1st line fault-finding
- Software packages, including Microsoft Office and MS Project on both Microsoft and Apple devices
- Audio Visual hardware and associated applications
- Mentoring and supporting IT users
- Personable with excellent verbal communication skills
- Report writing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of developing and managing Integrated Security Systems Platforms
- Experience of integration between physical security infrastructure and security applications
- Milestone Xprotect Advanced CCTV Commissioning & Design
- High security locking products (door ironmongery)
- Advanced Paxton Access Control
- Advanced CEM Access Control
- IP Security Lighting
- GeneTec CCTV
- SMSTS/NEBOSH/IOSH HSE Qualifications
- Experience of developing and managing ICT networks
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers in an outsourced environment
- Experience negotiating fixed price/T&M statements of work from 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of implementing IT projects in a managed services environment and an awareness of the business and technical issues associated with a managed service environment
- The ability to balance technical infrastructure requirements with the strategic direction and needs of the business
- Providing practical advice/technical support to users
- Experience with deployed IT networks and systems
- Experience of supporting and managing networking technology for cloud and VM environment, Windows server/SQL server database, Exchange, WAN and internet connectivity, wireless and telephone systems
- PRINCE 2 accredited, ideally to PRINCE 2 Practitioner level
- ITIL Foundation v3
- Very experienced with MS Office and other commonly used IT support packages
- Previous service delivery management experience in an IT managed service environment
- Experience of writing reports
- Remote working/working from home (WFH)
- Occasional international travel maybe required.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment screening to BS7858:2019, or national equivalent. (Covers: Confirmation of identity, legal right to work, financial probity, criminal history and associations with proscribed organisations).
If you are interested in the role and fit the above criteria, please get in touch with Sam Lee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07494 368 471.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates