OPPORTUNITY: PROJECT PLANNER
LOCATION: WORKING FROM HOME (WFH) UNTIL MID 2021 THEN YOU WILL BE BASED IN NORTH LONDON
SALARY: £70,000-£80,000 PLUS ANNUAL BONUS & BENEFITS
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a commercially focused Project Planner to support the physical delivery of projects globally.
The Project Planner will be responsible for the development of project schedules from client RfPs to construction close out and operational mobilisation, for multiple large-scale data centre projects. The Company relies on contractors having the ability to efficiently sequence concurrent works to deliver projects within extremely tight timeframes. Key to the success of the role will be exploring and developing new innovative means of fast-tracked schedules, running concurrent work packages and successfully sequencing construction works to allow for construction efficiencies.
Reports to: Chief Design & Delivery/CEO.
- Developing and thereafter managing the programming for conceptual and live data centre project schedules, globally.
- Developing a Project Team master programme schedule.
- Develop and manage generic construction programmes to deliver various size data centres globally, inclusive of critical build sequencing, JIT procurement and delivery of key plant & equipment, and ensuring clients have early access to the data halls while construction is still being completed and commissioning is underway.
- Advise on a project to project basis on the correct and most suitable construction methods to use depending on timeframes and budgets.
- Review standard architectural and engineering specifications to develop the programme and scheduling approach for each project.
- Manage the coordinated interfaces with the Project and Design teams to ensure all work packages are developed timeously upfront to feed into the project schedules.
- Develop and manage detailed resource loaded schedules, inclusive of critical path analysis and ensuring programme logic is maintained through the project programme life.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master programme schedule, baselined with full critical path integration.
- Additional programme development and management will include but not limited to customer RFP integrated master schedules for each development scheme, local council planning submissions, design schedules and procurement schedules for onboarding of critical consultants, contractors and ordering of key plant & equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project and other industry planning software packages.
- Good knowledge of the construction industry and delivery.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office.
- Good knowledge of construction project management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation, organisational and analytical skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and display high levels of confidence and competence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in construction and/or engineering - Essential
- Minimum of 5 years of large-scale construction project management experience - Essential
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Project or Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel - Essential
- Proficient in BIM scheduling - Essential
- Subject matter expert using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and supporting of detailed schedules - Essential
- Previous experience of working on large-scale data centre construction projects or other complex M&E critical services construction projects - Highly desirable.
- Experience of remote working.
Due to COVID-19 constraints, the Company anticipates operating a work from home (WFH) policy through most of 2021. The appointee will need to be comfortable working within this environment and have experience of remote working internationally and regularly participating in virtual online meetings.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to learn more about the firm's rapid growth and expansion, please contact Alexandra Wood on 02037575000 or send your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates