Job Title: Project Director - Construction Project Management
Location: Miami, Florida - United States
Package Breakdown: Up to $180,000 base salary + extensive bonus + package
Capstone have partnered with one of the largest private real estate and investment companies in Europe with substantial investments, developments and business interests in over 10 countries, including the USA, UK, Germany, Russia, the Caribbean, Cuba, South Africa and Panama to find an experienced Construction Project Director to be based in Miami, Florida and facilitate their future expansion in the United States construction market while delivering on an extensive existing pipeline.
This organisation currently manages over $600M worth of assets in the United States alone and are expanding rapidly. With a pipeline of existing projects across Florida, ranging from $30M T.I to $150M+ ground up mixed-use developments, it is an exciting time to join and lead on some ground-breaking schemes.
The Project Director is accountable for overseeing all phases of project management including design, construction, occupancy, quality control, project resourcing and budget management for each project delivering on time, on schedule and with company standard quality. This includes coordinating a cross-functional internal team, engaging third party consultants, and collaborating closely on a regular basis with the wider business in the UK to drive projects towards successful completion, reporting into the Head of Construction based in London.
The ideal candidate will have design and construction project management experience, strong communication and organization skills. They will also have a solid track record of effectively working across multiple functional groups and have experience at the various stages of building development. Their span must include but is not limited to: proforma assessments, deal diligence, design, construction, and closeout. Lastly, they should demonstrate that they are self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and have a passion for design and construction.
- Ability to strategically provide thought leadership and service-level support to the business needs of a portfolio of projects.
- First point of contact for end-to-end on all project matters
- Effectively manage budget compliance in coordination with commercial management team through change order negotiation
- Effectively maintain end-to-end project schedule working closely with both internal and external team members
- Deliver projects with company-standard quality guidelines across all project phases
- Assist in overseeing cost control and change management systems
- Compliant opening handover of projects through operations approved protocols
- Timely and complete closeout of projects within company-standard guidelines inclusive of warranties and as built documentation
- Assess and implement projects in existing operating assets while effectively communicating with both building operations and community teams.
- Manage monthly project level cash flow inclusive of timely TA billings
- Communicate timely project updates to internal sales support and/or interact directly with clients where needed
- Effectively identify, raise and resolve project risks and issues using standard company processes and systems
- Proactively participate in the execution of company initiatives that support company transformation
- Implement standard operating procedures for project management across the Development organization
- Assist Business Development/Marketing in the sales process for new and existing clients, including presentations and proposals
- Enhance relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal clients
- Lead project team in development of project execution plan
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or a closely related field is highly preferred.
- 8+ years' of construction project management with experience with ground up, T.I, mixed-use, commercial office, hospitality and residential projects is desired.
- Firm knowledge and understanding of construction methods, materials and sequences, and architectural/construction drawings and specifications.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as business presentation skills.
- The ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and staff across organizational lines, including other client business units.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Proficient in maintaining project schedules for a wide variety of design and construction projects
- Effective management of both internal and external resources to deliver projects
- Knowledge of all project phases pertaining to real estate development including: proforma assessments, deal diligence, design, construction, and closeout.
- Understanding of architectural and/or interior design standards and drawings with ability to markup documentation or communicate effectively with AOR's
- Proficiency of industry standard project management software
You will be an energetic, motivated and highly experienced Construction Project Manager who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Project Manager with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa or be a US citizen or Green Card Holder.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates