Procurement Specialist (Group Procurement) - Information Technology (I.T Services)
Capstone's Cost Management team are proud to be retained by one of the UK's largest landlords, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans.
The purpose of the Procurement specialist role (Group Procurement) is to develop and implement best practice Category Management across assigned I.T categories of spend with the aim of maximising cost savings to the business whilst delivering best value and performance from the supply chain.
This role will ensure cost effective and efficient sourcing and procurement of materials and services across its assigned categories by exploiting group purchasing power and employing leading procurement practices. As well as delivering excellent commercial value to the business this role will ensure that the supply chain use safe, sustainable and responsible procurement practices that protect long-term value and avoid legal and reputational impacts.
- Lead sourcing projects within supply chain services for IT systems and hardware (Incl. UCR2016, OJEU approach) tender package development, implementation and evaluation, market research, supplier identification and pre-tender supplier engagement.
- Develop and implement category strategies, sourcing and contract management projects, and supplier relationship management that support business performance and cost reduction targets.
- Ensure all category spend complies with the Group Procurement policy.
- A technical understanding of IT systems such as Network Connectivity, Network Services, Compute Services, Support Services.
- Deliver management strategies to mitigate risks of volatile supplier markets (i.e IT hardware relating to the current shortage in the silicon chip markets)
- Strategic procurement experience in the key areas of IT Technology, Telecoms, Network Services & Connectivity, Compute provisions on premise, cloud & support frameworks, software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- High ambition for hands-on execution of tender process and associated documentation.
- Ability to uncover new SME vendors to support digital transformation.
- Knowledge and experience of procurement under the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 or Public Contract Regulations 2015.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Matt Cary via email on email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates