Capstone are partnered with a world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm who are recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Cost Planner to work within the Design & Delivery and Commercial functions.
As the Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Planner will be reporting into the Chief of Design and Development (Construction) and Head of Commercial; this role will be supporting the commercial management of the whole project life-cycle; taking responsibility for the end to end service delivery of an effective cost management service. What is key is extensive experience in the construction of distribution warehouses/shell construction projects as well as a good knowledge of MEP services
Knowledge and Skills
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of standard industry construction contracts and frameworks
- Knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as diverse procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- Thorough knowledge of construction and contract law.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable cost planning experience with distribution warehouse and shell/construction projects (essential)
- Previous experience of engineering and data centre construction (desirable)
- A track record and experience of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- Degree qualified in one of the following fields: construction, cost management or quantity surveying (desirable)
- MRICS desirable
- 8+ years in Quantity Surveying role
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post-contract services
- Experience in P21+/P22 cost advisor roles is essential covering new-builds and refurbishment major projects and during pre-construction and construction stages
- Experience of taking the lead on Two-Stage Tender agreements with strong negotiation and organisational skills
- Remote working/Working from home (WFH)
- Driving licence
- Requirement for regular international travel to overseas project sites.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates