OPPORTUNITY: Global Cost Control Manager
LOCATION: 100% remote working with international travel as and when required
SALARY: Up to £130,000 plus exceptional bonus and benefits
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a 'hands on' and commercially focused Global Cost Control Manager to manage the contractual and commercial administration of construction projects globally. You will be involved with different forms of contract on construction projects across the globe, each with a capital budget of between USD $100-800M. A key aspect of this role will be to advise management on current and evolving procurement, supplier and contract management matters associated with quality, price analysis, evaluation and monitoring; sourcing strategy, market trends and intelligence; innovation, suppliers offers; and how to document service requirements to maximise value for money.
Core responsibilities of the role will include;
- Participating in the pre-contract meetings and assist in pre-tender negotiations.
- Managing the supplier/contractor commercial relationships.
- Providing commercial administration of contracts of the appointed contractors.
- Implementing progress and cost management, preparation of contract-specific progress reports and reporting.
- Lead sourcing process (including planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting) that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes across multi-site operations.
- Lead, manage and support high value and complex procurement operations creating opportunities to add value throughout the process.
- Recommending the mitigation of actions on all commercial risk/claim events at the earliest possible time.
- Implement and manage the change control procedures developed by the Risk & Controls process, reviewing proposed changes with the wider construction teams assessing their impact in terms of programme, cost and operational impact.
- With the support of the cost consultant, lead the processing of Employer's instructions ensuring that all relevant contractual processes have been observed and that these are agreed in line with the delegated authorities.
- Degree qualification in quantity surveying or commercial management
- Member of the relevant institution e.g. RICS, CIPS or CIOB
- You have a good track record of administering successful construction contracts.
- You are familiar with different forms of contract within major projects and programme environment.
- Experience of procuring large value complex civil/mechanical engineering systems and construction works, in compliance with applicable EU and UK procurement legislation within the data centre sector
- Extensive experience of strategic procurement in an international multi-functional organisation
- Client-side experience of procuring Tier 1 contractors whilst utilising different procurement routes
- You are digitally savvy in using relevant software
- You have cost or commercial management experience within a construction or consultancy background.
- You have experience of international projects / working in different cultures
- You are "hands on" in your approach to delivery
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to learn more about the firm's rapid growth and expansion, please contact Matt Cary (Director) on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates