A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a 'hands on' and best in class Engineering Process Manager to develop and lead global engineering process planning activities.
The Process Enginering Manager is responsible for producing the Company Site Operations Manual with input from internal departments and external organisations. Thereafter, for developing, planning and implementing mobilisation plans and programmes for individual sites, assisting with the selection of site-based personnel, identifying technical and 'special to role' training requirements for site-based individuals/teams, ensuring continuation training is completed and, where appropriate, quality control and evaluation is undertaken on a regular basis.
Chief of Staff
- Collecting and coordinating information and input from internal functional departments and external organisations in order to produce the company Site Operations Manual.
- Creating, managing and delivering a comprehensive site mobilisation and training strategy, plans and programmes, which align with technical and customer service needs and the Company's values, standards and ethics.
- Managing the mobilisation process for individual sites, including producing plans and training programmes and, thereafter, ensuring their implementation and delivery.
- Assisting HR with talent acquisition for site-based personnel.
- Identifying training requirements by conducting gap analyses, training needs analysis and scrutinising operational processes and procedures. Thereafter, designing and arranging for the delivery of training to address identified deficiencies and shortfalls.
- Partnering with HR to ensure all aspects of people management and career development are aligned with common goals.
- Organising the delivery of individual and group training and development programmes embodying market leading customer service.
- Building and implementing an evaluation process to measure the success of training.
- Where appropriate, developing online tools and content creation for specific training.
- Designing and arranging the delivery of bespoke training for employees and onboarding new employees with a focus on delivering improved customer service.
Skills and Knowledge
- Be confident, personable, approachable and technically competent/aware.
- Possess excellent written/authoring skills, which will have been honed in an operational or technical staff appointment minimum of Grade 3 level.
- Have a clear understanding of the interrelationships, including potential conflicts and challenges, between the operational, administrative and engineering support functions, and be capable of clearly articulating those relationships in both documentary and diagrammatical form.
- Excellent verbal and presentational skills.
- Be resilient and passionate about creating world-class global operations, mobilsation and training delivery and support functions.
- Able to operate from the strategic down to the tactical level in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Attention to detail with exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to build trust, coach, develop close working relationships to obtain buy-in at all levels across the Company.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills and results orientated.
- IT literate (MS OFFICE and PROJECT).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Authoring operational or technical documentation such as manuals, SOPs, processes and work instructions.
- Experienced in the mobilisation and management of critical infrastructure installations at the tactical and operational levels, including MEP (electrical, HVAC, etc) administration and facilities support functions.
- Understand and demonstrate an ability to successfully resolve the planning, people and technical/equipment/training and mobilisation management challenges encountered at all levels.
- Project management qualification (PRINCE 2) - desirable.
- Experienced in training needs analysis, programme design and training delivery through multiple delivery methods; e-learning, action learning, workshops, blended coaching and mentoring etc.
- Remote working/working from home.
- International travel required.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment screening to BS7858:2019, or national equivalent. (Covers: Confirmation of identity, legal right to work, financial probity, criminal history and associations with proscribed organisations).
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates