Director of Design & Construction - Major Hotel & Resort Developer
Location: Aspen, Colorado
Package: Up to $220K base salary + bonus + extensive company benefits package
Capstone has proudly partnered with a world class luxury hospitality developer with an extensive portfolio of 5-star resorts in Aspen, Colorado. Aspen is a premiere destination for recreation, nature and culture and our client dominates this markets hospitality market. Our client is looking for an seasoned construction professional to take on the role of Director of Design & Construction and will be the Colorado Construction Director for this developer.
Our client currently have an extensive pipeline of projects across the United States and anticipated projects are in Aspen, Colorado, however will likely involve frequent travel to work on hotel projects in other states as required.
Reporting into the VP of Construction, this position is responsible for the completion of hotel construction and renovation projects by overseeing all project phases, from concept design through punch and close out. This entails working with a variety of stakeholders, scheduling and planning work, coordinating equipment and materials, to operate within budget, and proactively manage overall progress of the projects.
The position includes working on several prestigious projects both to the existing portfolio and new ground up projects. A strong background in hospitality construction is preferable. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and be able to manage in house teams, external design teams, and contractors effectively.
Essential Job Functions
- Creating and issuing RFP's for procuring all members of the project team including architect, consultants, engineers, general contractor, FF&E & other direct vendors.
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
- Drive scope decisions in collaboration with team of internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete feasibility studies on cost, schedule and permitting implications of design options. Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
- Draft and submit budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Manage costs in order to meet budget
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts
- Manage construction schedule and activities
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Arrange, chair and minute meetings whether video conference or in person and diligently follow up on action items
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
- Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
- Locate, analyze and mitigate risk exposures throughout the project
- Work with FF&E and operations teams to manage the process through hotel opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field.
- 7+ years of hotel renovation and new build hotel construction experience.
- 3+ years of hotel renovation/construction experience in mountain and resort environments is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge in the construction management field required.
- Technical knowledge and experience with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems found in the typical hotel, retail and food service environment.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles.
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Applicants must already be in country and preferably have easy access to Aspen, furthermore applicants must be US citizens or Green Card holders to be considered.
For more information about the way forward, please reach of to our US Lead, Matthew Wade for a confidential discussion on email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates