A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting an experienced Site Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of data centre critical facility infrastructure systems. Providing consistent leadership and support through planning, communication and management of a team of professionals responsible to deliver facility services
- Work with Group HQ to set strategic objectives for the site(s) and manage the implementation of those objectives.
- Act as the regional representative and ambassador for the organisation
- Act as the focal point for all on site issues.
- Set the organisation up for successful operations in-country.
- Be available to work outside regular business hours, at nights and weekends, as required.
- Ensure smooth running and operational delivery to meet customer SLAs through:
- Fostering a culture of service excellence and delivery across all teams
- Accountability for all people aspects on site to ensure compliance and delivery
- Responsibility for all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment & Wellbeing (HSEW) on the site(s)
- Oversight, management and ensuring integrity of the operational set-up and processes for daily routine running, manging incidents, change management, continuous improvement and projects & upgrades
- Compliance to all legal and company policy requirements
- Responsibility for meeting required standards in every respect
- Delivering to agreed performance metrics and targets
- Managing customer relationships and reporting
- Vendor management for the site(s)
- Budget accountability for the site(s)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Orientated to problem-solving, with a logical approach.
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and management.
- Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office, email, knowledge management and collaboration tools.
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar DC management role is essential.
- Awareness of the business and technical issues associated with a managed service environment.
- Previous HSEW management experience (desirable).
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, training and developing a team, both technical and non-technical.
- Experience in dealing with the customer in high-pressure and challenging circumstances.
- Experience in budget and cost management.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates