Up to £55,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Capstone Recruitment are working with a global real estate consultancy to source a cost manager to work closely alongside Senior members of the team and providing consistent support to the Cost Consultancy team. You will ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service.
You will be responsible for managing projects of a smaller size and less complex, generally less than £10m. The projects should be managed by the Cost Consultant independently, seeking advice from Senior members of the team on more complex activities. The pre- and post-contract activities should be prepared and carried out by a Cost Consultant with the direction of a Senior Cost Consultant or above where required.
- Assisting the Senior members of the Cost Consultancy team across projects generally.
- Producing estimates and cost plans with minimal support and confidently presenting the outputs to Clients
- Taking a lead on the tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Dealing effectively with the post contract changes and implementing efficient tools to track change and report regularly to clients. Where necessary, major changes to be discussed with more Senior members in the team to offer support.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existing and new clients and informing your line manager of any opening leads
- Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management - Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the internal database.
If you are interested, and think you may be suitable, do get in touch with Annabel on 07494368629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates