CORPORATE PROJECT MANAGER (PMO)
SALARY: UP TO £110,000 PER ANNUM + 40% BONUS
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a Corporate Project Manager, who will be deployed across the business to support and deliver strategic projects that require a high-quality project management expertise.
The project manager should be highly flexible, capable of leading either concurrent smaller projects or larger, complex ones. The project manager should also be 'discipline agnostic', for example, capable of leading an IT, contract mobilisation or multi-disciplinary projects.
The project manager should have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to confidently lead our projects through each delivery stage, whilst developing a sense of ownership and pride for the work we do.
Reports to: PMO Director
Core Duties & Accountabilities
Building and leading project teams
- Have the ability and experience to establish new project teams, agree the team ways of working and effectively lead and motivate all team members throughout the project.
- Develop a strong project culture, in keeping with Ingeus values, where each team member is passionate about the project's objectives, feels valued, and effectively contributes to the project's success.
- Provide strong people management throughout the project lifecycle, setting goals and objectives for each team member, and deliver effective performance management throughout the project, in keeping with Ingeus best practise.
- Define the scope of the project.
- Collaboratively create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project and the resources assigned to them.
- Develop and agree the project mandate and project initiation document. Lead the development of the business benefits of the project - split between the financial and performance benefits. The financial benefits should clearly articulate the financial return on investment of delivering the project, supported by evidenced assumptions.
- Execute the project according to the project plan, within the time, cost, quality parameters defined in the project initiation document.
- Complete all necessary tools, templates and reporting documents as prescribed by the developer's Project Management Framework and manage their approval through the internal governance structure.
- Report progress against plan. Also report cost, time and quality risks and issues to the PMO Lead and the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) for the project.
- Proactively identify potential risks and issues that could impact upon the success of the project. Take necessary mitigating action or when appropriate escalate to the appropriate governance layer.
- Record and report project expenditure against budget.
- Ensure the project's benefits are captured when it moves into delivery. Ensure the performance baseline is captured before the project goes 'live', so subsequent performance improvements can be captured.
- Build strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- As part of initial project planning period, develop a stakeholder engagement plan for the internal and external project stakeholders.
- Deliver the stakeholder engagement plan, ensuring stakeholders understand how they should contribute to the project, and the planned frequency of engagement.
Knowledge & Experience
- A strong track record of leading projects
- Sound understanding of common project management methodologies and disciplines through the complete project lifecycle.
- Capable of managing concurrent complex multi-discipline projects involving multiple, dispersed delivery teams in different locations.
- Capable of building and sustaining business relationships from junior team members through to board level.
- Strong facilitation and analytical skills.
- 5+ years Project Management experience - in a lead capacity, rather than a support capacity.
- Management of Portfolios (MOP) practitioner.
- Prince 2 or MSP practitioner.
- Strong and proven strategic thinker and planner - capable of horizon scanning to identify likely strategic threats to a project's success and taking the necessary proactive action to resolve.
- Exceptional communication skills, evidenced by the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver against a number of priorities, and the ability to flex priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and composed without compromising on quality or deadlines.
- Reacts positively to change, co-operating with revised methods and priorities.
- Displays a strong energy for pushing self and others for results.
- A strong service-oriented ('can-do') culture, with a strong focus on the internal customer approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility for final delivery, quality and cost and holds self-accountable for outcomes.
- Takes ownership of actions and problems and follows through to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates empathy, common sense and pragmatism.
- Able to relate to both business and technology people.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity.
- Can build and maintain strong relationships based on trust, transparency and mutual respect and understanding, and can quickly build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate rigorous application of agreed process and best practice.
- Exceptional attention to detail
To give them access to the largest client-pool available, my client has decided geographic location should not be a constraint with this role. You may however need to manage your work in line with project time zones.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to learn more about the firm's rapid growth and expansion, please contact Sam Lee on 02037575000 or send your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates