Job Title: Cost & Contract Manager
Capstone's Cost Management team are proud to be working exclusively with one of the UK's largest landlords, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans.
The purpose of the Cost and Contract Manager role is to optimise value through the appropriate understanding of budgets, costs and the allocation of contractual risks in addition to the implementation of robust contract management methods and processes during project execution.
This role will require you to embrace the full project life cycle from inception through to completion and subsequently operational delivery. You will be expected to provide contract and cost management support during the development phases of a project and be a hands-on proactive contributor to the initiation and implementation of consultancy, construction, and other contracts during the development and delivery phases of a project.
- Provide contract and cost management advice to the Head of Engineering & Asset Management and Project Managers, tailored to the nature and risk profile of the project scope.
- Produce robust Project Procurement plans which reflect effective risk management and contracting strategies.
- Prepare formal Cost Plans in accordance with RICS or equivalent appropriate standard commensurate with the stage of development of design or manage consultants undertaking the activity.
- Undertake tender negotiations with suppliers to ensure the optimum value for money and risk profile is achieved.
- Ensure alignment with Head of Contracts and Cost Management on key decisions, commercial strategies and concerns and notification of all potential disputes to ensure align with Group Best Practice.
- Strong technical and educational base with a minimum of Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant engineering degree such as civil engineering.
- Professionally qualified chartered status with demonstrable extensive commercial experience.
- Relevant qualification and experience in providing Contract and Cost expertise to projects, with experience in multidisciplinary team delivery environments throughout the whole project lifecycle
- Experience in Programme Management with extensive contract, commercial and risk allocation skills
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Matt Cary via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0203 757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates