Building Surveyor / Development Manager
£65,000 + bonus (up to 25%)
Capstone are working in partnership with a well-known leisure & hospitality brand in a search for a Development Building Surveyor for their Bristol branch.
This brand was set up around a decade ago and now have up to 200 facilities UK wide. Under new investors, the brand has huge growth plans to triple in size over the next 5 years, making it an incredibly exciting period to work here.
This is a new opportunity for a senior individual to be fully accountable for the successful end-to-end delivery of all allocated property development projects. This includes new and existing sites and will involve working with the internal development team and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assessing the high-level feasibility of potential new sites prior to acquisition.
- Providing the appropriate technical evaluation of each site and corresponding development requirements.
- Ensuring effective delivery of each development site, from initial acquisition through to opening, delivering the required project outcomes on time, to cost and quality requirements, including all documentation and handover requirements.
- Ensuring approvals and consents are in place through effectively liaising with landlords and local authorities.
- Management of all 3rd parties and associated dependencies involved in the development project.
- Ensuring consistent delivery of every new and refurbished site through adherence to agreed format and design standards.
The successful candidate should be MRICS qualified in the Building Surveying discipline. The role involves management of expectations of internal stakeholders, meanwhile undertaking supervision of external consultants, thus a diplomatic approach is key.
You should have a proven track record in leading consultancy teams and have a high standard of workmanship on a range of projects up to the value of £1.5m. You should have a commercial mindset, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker on 020 3757 5000 / 07494 368453, or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates