West Midlands, England
£45000 - £55000 per annum + + Package + Bonus
over 1 year ago
CLIENT SIDE BUILDING SURVEYOR
REMOTE (Option to be in Midlands office if viable)
Up to £55,000 + Package
I am working with an entrepreneurial and dynamic residential asset management company who seek the addition of an in-house MRICS Building Surveyor. My client currently administers a portfolio of 10,000 units on behalf of major large national freeholders and housebuilders. The portfolio includes modern apartment buildings, traditional blocks of flats, mixed use developments with combined residential and commercial occupiers, private housing estates and (PRS) or (BTR) developments.
This position will sit within the surveying team, and the successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing and managing the maintenance across the portfolio, liaising with the property managers and reporting back to the management board. Generally, this will be an autonomous role, albeit with high levels of responsibility and opportunity to grow the department alongside the expanding portfolio.
- Oversee and manage appointed external professional teams.
- Direct, approve and manage schemes for the external works and common parts refurbishments in blocks.
- The management of the fire insurance of the portfolio, ensuring that all properties are insured and have the correct up to date values.
- Liaise with tenants, managing agents, and contractors to manage and resolve building problems.
- Identify defects in buildings and specify remedial works or to determine if the proposed solution is adequate.
- Develop and implement long-term maintenance plans.
- Must be MRICS qualified (Building Surveying pathway) with minimum 2 years' PQE.
- Have had experience working on complex residential projects.
- Must have the ability to direct and manage other building specialists such as structural engineers, M&E engineers, architects and designers in various projects.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0203 757 5012.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates