Client side Building Surveyor - City Estate
Building Surveyor - Livery company
City of London
£60,000 + 12% employer pension + Free lunch
I am working with a prestigious livery company, based in the heart of the City, who have a requirement for an experienced Building Surveyor to assist on projects; covering repair, refurbishments and improvement works.
The Estate consists of an interesting and historically important collection of buildings ranging from those dating back to at 16th century through to post war properties constructed in sympathetic style in the 1950s. A large number of the buildings are listed and together with associated courtyard and gardens, all sit within a conservation area.
The Estates Department is based on site and is responsible for managing all aspects of running the estate from routine maintenance through to capital refurbishment projects and property acquisitions.
- Undertake building surveys, including defect identification, preparation of schedules of repair and of dilapidations and advising on appropriate form of building contract.
- Provide technical advice on the maintenance of buildings, including Grade 1 and Grade 2 and 2* listed buildings.
- Where projects are undertaken within the Department, to assist in the submission of planning and listed buildings applications and comply with property legislation and building regulations.
- The prepare detailed delivery programmes and specification of works for the development, refurbishment and maintenance of the estate and undertaking project management of major works.
- Preparing specifications and tender documents for annual decoration contracts, analysing tender results and supervising the works.
- Manage the appointment of contractors necessary for the implementation of building programmes, negotiate fees coordinate development plans and negotiate final accounts.
- The successful candidate will have a full membership of the RICS (Building Surveying pathway).
- Must have experience of surveying and working on historic buildings (Grade 1, 2 and 2*) and their maintenance and refurbishment.
- You will have good teamwork and communicative skills, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues and tenants at all levels.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Will Hammerton on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates