Chartered Building Surveyor
Contract Length: 9-12 Months
Salary: £34,500 - £41,000 PA
Capstone has been exclusively appointed to recruit on behalf of a leading heritage conservation organisation, who are looking for a Building Surveyor skilled in project management to coordinate a high-profile refurbishment project in Swindon.
During this contract you will play a key role in the conservation and maintenance of some of the UK's most important buildings and treasured places. As well as working within a fascinating portfolio in a beautiful part of the UK, it will be your chance to apply your skills to a worthwhile cause, securing the future of a wonderful legacy for the benefit of current and future generations.
You will also be involved in delivering a range of work including, measurement, contractor supervision, health and safety inspections, preparing CAD drawings, applications for planning permission and listed building consent.
You will act as my client's building surveying expert, responsible for the delivery of refurbishment project where we're working to restore and refurbish the residential cottages across the estate.
The ideal person for this role will be experienced in managing projects and will have excellent people skills. This project requires careful coordination of priorities whilst considering the needs and welfare of tenants.
We're looking for someone who enjoys building relationships and can utilise their connections to be able to influence and negotiate around project requirements.
As an experienced Building Surveyor we'd like you to bring to the role:
- A professionally accredited surveyor (MRICS or MCIOB)
- Able to demonstrate experience of delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- High level financial acumen and strong experience of managing large budgets
- Able to demonstrate a passion for building surveying relating to heritage and conservation
- Robust knowledge of building conservation, including; procurement, maintenance, repair, and asset and contract management
- A good communicator with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to work across a busy and complex portfolio whilst effectively managing your time and priorities.
If you are interested in the role and fit the above criteria, please get in contact with Sam Lee via phone on 020 3757 5000 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates