Category Specialist (Group Procurement) - Construction / Infrastructure
Salary: up to £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Capstone's Cost Management team are proud to be retained by one of the UK's largest landlords, with over 50 sites across England, Scotland and Wales. Contributing nearly £10 billion to the UK economy every year and with a land bank of 1,000 hectares, this could not be a more exciting time to join one of the industry's leading Property Development titans.
The purpose of the Category Specialist role (Group Procurement) is to develop and implement best practice Category Management across assigned categories of spend with the aim of maximising cost savings to the business whilst delivering best value and performance from the supply chain.
This role will ensure cost effective and efficient sourcing and procurement of materials and services across its assigned categories by exploiting group purchasing power and employing leading procurement practices. As well as delivering excellent commercial value to the business this role will ensure that the supply chain use safe, sustainable and responsible procurement practices that protect long-term value and avoid legal and reputational impacts.
- Lead sourcing projects within construction and engineering including; procurement strategy (Incl. UCR2016, OJEU approach) tender package development, implementation and evaluation, market research, supplier identification and pre-tender supplier engagement.
- Develop and implement category strategies, sourcing and contract management projects, and supplier relationship management that support business performance and cost reduction targets.
- Ensure all category spend complies with the Group Procurement policy.
- Private client organisation experience is preferential within a varied portfolio of construction projects (limited repeat work across the portfolio).
- Sector experience of construction, oil and energy, maritime or real estate.
- Knowledge of NEC 3 or NEC 4 contracts is a plus.
- UCR 2016 and OJEU experience.
- Excellent knowledge of contracts and subcontracts beneficial.
- High ambition for hands-on execution of tender process and associated documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of leading sourcing projects within construction and engineering including; business engagement, procurement strategy, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier relationship management.
- A background in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management would be preferential.
To apply or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Sam Lee via email on email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates