West London, London
£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 20% bonus + benefits
9 months ago
Capstone are working exclusively with a multinational electronics retailer to recruit an assistant quantity surveyor to join their team. This retailer has an extensive portfolio across the UK and Ireland totalling to 800 stores. Following a recent merger, there is a clear and defined strategy with growth plans of 40% over the next few years.
You will be joining the Store Development Team, supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Procurement Manager. You will be working on the extensive portfolio of the retailer, including non-retail property, relocation projects and new build of future stores, values ranging from £150k to £5million. Your duties will include:
- Liaising with key stakeholders on finance, budgets and overseeing annual cost expenditure
- Supporting on delivery of procurement and management of suppliers
- Overseeing cost governance, including supporting internal capital approval processes and business cases
- Resolving supplier issues in relation to 'Purchase to Pay' systems
- Holding delivery quantity surveyor consultants account to their KPIs
- Manging internal cash flows, forecasting and closing out projects in accordance with forecasting
- Benchmarking and providing cost estimates.
- Construction related degree (e.g. quantity surveying, construction management, civil engineering)
- Minimum 12 months cost management retail, commercial or leisure fit-out experience
- Understanding of construction and how things are built on site
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and standard of numeracy
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 20% yearly bonus
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- No probation
- 25 days holiday
- Free access to onsite gym
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 10% company discount
To apply for this role please email Ele Ataguba at email@example.com or call 0203 757 5000 for further information.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates