PROJECT MANAGEMENT SURVEYOR - AIRSPACE
RESIDENTIAL PROPERT AND ASSET MANAGEMENT COMPANY (CLIENT SIDE)
£95,000 - £105,000 + BONUS
My client is a specialist residential property asset management company administering a portfolio comprising c. 190,000 individual flats and houses on behalf of institutional UK freehold investors, primarily major pension funds. The portfolio includes a significant number of multioccupancy residential and mixed-use buildings, including buildings classified as high-rise (18M+).
The core objective is to manage and oversee airspace development and other construction projects, and to advise on commercial opportunities as required on the existing and expanding portfolio. The successful candidate will need to ensure that all works are carried out within pre-approved budgets, in compliance with H&S legislation and with minimal impact or implication to existing residents.
- Being the point person for internal and external clients in relation to project assessment, approval and management matters.
- Preparing investment committee appraisal input for new projects.
- Creating and developing budgets and programmes and managing processes to ensure works are carried out in accordance with these programmes.
- Overseeing development works on existing assets including managing the approved budgets / procurement / tendering process / overseeing works on site and reporting into the internal team.
- Managing the full life-cycle of new developments.
- Preparing detailed proposals for the Investor Board and the Executive Committee.
- Identifying new opportunities for development within the existing portfolio.
- Dealing with ad hoc issues which arise from existing assets in a managed / practical approach.
- Have the ability to engage and develop strong working relationships with Contractors / Consultants / Tenants / etc.
- Reviewing and agreeing contractual documentation in conjunction with clients' solicitors.
- Overseeing on site works and signing off / approving the progress and completion of the works.
- Reviewing and recommending payments for Consultants and Contractors.
- Manage on site teams to ensure ESG strategies are implemented.
- Be the go-to in-house expert for building surveying and construction for the various teams engaged on development workstreams.
- The individual will be responsible for working closely with the various in-house management teams and external management companies.
- Ability to create Asset Management business plans.
- MRICS-qualified (Building Surveying pathway)
- Practical knowledge of Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Tech systems in residential properties.
- Previous experience in overseeing and project managing airspace development and other construction projects for residential developments.
- Experience of overseeing or project managing multiple major works projects concurrently.
- Knowledge in compliance with latest Fire Regulations, best practice, and current guidance.
- Knowledge in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and best practice
Please make your enquiries to Celia Harker at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07494 368453/ 0203 757 5012.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates